A Quick Thanks for a Very Nice Honor

Today, Modern Healthcare released its yearly list of the 50 most influential physician-execs in the U.S. I have to believe that you, my readers, are at least partly responsible (along with my parents and their pals in Boca) for my #19 position, the highest rank of any full-time faculty physician.

As nice as this is, I must admit that seeing myself on this list of movers and shakers is a bit odd. At number 19, I’m sandwiched between people like the leaders of the Mayo Clinic and HCA, and the heads of the Cleveland Clinic, CDC, NIH, FDA, AMA, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. In other words, people who control budgets of billions of dollars.

In contrast, the biggest budgetary decision I’ve made in the last few months was whether to go for the one- or three-movie plan at Netflix.

In any case, thanks much. I am humbled.

5 Responses to “A Quick Thanks for a Very Nice Honor”

1. kevinh76 April 9, 2008 at 1:46 am #

Very well deserved, Bob. You are the physician I look to for common sense, evidence-based advice, delivered elegantly and with a touch of humor. Its good to see someone deserving get the awards. Love the blog.

Kevin G. Hart, MD

2. The Lenster April 9, 2008 at 1:53 am #

Congratulations. Your talk at the SHM conference was excellent, second only to Ian Morrison’s. As a Hospitalist in my first year out of residency, I am grateful for your guidance.
    I heartily recommend the three movie Netflix plan.

3. DZA April 9, 2008 at 12:24 pm #

Res Ipsa Loquitur

/one of the influenced

4. chris johnson April 14, 2008 at 12:08 am #

I spent twenty years at The World Famous Mayo Clinic–you wouldn’t fit in there, and I mean that in the best way.

5. Bobpaule May 20, 2008 at 9:49 pm #

Actually keep the one movie unlimited plan, that way you can then get full time access to 7000+ movies under “Watch It Now” to enjoy on your HTPC and project on your 200″ screen on the calibrated system in the man cave :)

Congrats on the ranking!

Leave a Reply