Now, SHM is introducing hospital medicine’s first preparation tool for the exam.
For the hundreds of hospitalists considering taking the American Board of Internal Medicine’s Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Maintenance of Certification exam in the near future, SHM’s SPARK exam prep tool is the perfect way to brush up on the skills and knowledge needed to pass.
SHM SPARK gives hospitalists the peace of mind that comes from knowing they are ready for the topics unique to hospitalists in the exam, including:
- Palliative care, medical ethics, and decision making;
- Peri-operative care and consultative comanagement; and
- Quality, safety, and clinical reasoning.
Best of all, SPARK is available exclusively online, making it easy to access from the hospital, the home, the coffee shop, or on the go.
SHM SPARK is a unique online self-assessment tool featuring 175 vignette-style, single-best-answer, multiple-choice questions, complete with answers, discussion, reasoning, references, and quizzing capabilities.
In addition to educating hospitalists with nearly 200 questions online, SHM SPARK empowers users to:
- Create customized practice quizzes in topic areas that meet your specific knowledge gaps/study needs;
- Progress at your own pace using the self-study reference feature; and
- Claim MOC Part II medical knowledge points through ABIM and download a CME certificate for earned AMA Physician’s Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 Credit™.
The tool includes:
- Robust teaching points for each vignette;
- The option to save key questions for later review; and
- Question-level comparisons to the average response.
Access to SHM Spark is $199 for SHM members and $349 for nonmembers. Groups of 10 or more hospitalists receive a 10% discount.