Application of data
Dr. Roberts, Dr. Krason, and Dr. Manian are hospitalists at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
1. Shen W-K et al. 2017 ACC/AHA/HRS guideline for the evaluation and management of patients with syncope..
2. Sheldon R. How to differentiate syncope from seizure..
3. Del Rosso A et al. Relation of clinical presentation of syncope to the age of patients..
4. Blanc JJ. Syncope: Definition, epidemiology, and classification..
5. Matthews IG et al. Syncope in the older person..
6. Costantino G et al. Syncope risk stratification tools vs clinical judgment: An individual patient data meta-analysis..
7. Chiu DT et al. Are echocardiography, telemetry, ambulatory electrocardiography monitoring, and cardiac enzymes in emergency department patients presenting with syncope useful tests? A preliminary investigation..
8. Prandoni P et al. Prevalence of pulmonary embolism among patients hospitalized for syncope..
9. Sheldon RS et al. Standardized approaches to the investigation of syncope: Canadian Cardiovascular Society position paper..
10. Moya A et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of syncope (version 2009): the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Management of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)..
1. Brignole M, Hamdan MH. New concepts in the assessment of syncope..
2. Rosanio S et al. Syncope in adults: systematic review and proposal of a diagnostic and therapeutic algorithm..