Application of data
Dr. Roberts, Dr. Krason, and Dr. Manian are hospitalists at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
1. Shen W-K et al. 2017 ACC/AHA/HRS guideline for the evaluation and management of patients with syncope. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017 Aug 1;70(5):e39-e110.
2. Sheldon R. How to differentiate syncope from seizure. Cardiol Clin. 2015 Aug;33(3):377-85.
3. Del Rosso A et al. Relation of clinical presentation of syncope to the age of patients. Am J Cardiol. 2005 Nov 15;96(10):1431-5.
4. Blanc JJ. Syncope: Definition, epidemiology, and classification. Cardiol Clin. 2015 Aug;33(3):341-5.
5. Matthews IG et al. Syncope in the older person. Cardiol Clin. 2015 Aug;33(3):411-21.
6. Costantino G et al. Syncope risk stratification tools vs clinical judgment: An individual patient data meta-analysis. Am J Med. 2014 Nov;127(11):1126.e13-25.
7. Chiu DT et al. Are echocardiography, telemetry, ambulatory electrocardiography monitoring, and cardiac enzymes in emergency department patients presenting with syncope useful tests? A preliminary investigation. J Emerg Med. 2014;47:113-8.
8. Prandoni P et al. Prevalence of pulmonary embolism among patients hospitalized for syncope. N Engl J Med. 2016 Oct;375(20):1524-31.
9. Sheldon RS et al. Standardized approaches to the investigation of syncope: Canadian Cardiovascular Society position paper. Can J Cardiol. 2011 Mar-Apr;27(2):246-253.
10. Moya A et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of syncope (version 2009): the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Management of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J. 2009 Nov;30(21):2631-71.
1. Brignole M, Hamdan MH. New concepts in the assessment of syncope. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012 May; 59(18):1583-91.
2. Rosanio S et al. Syncope in adults: systematic review and proposal of a diagnostic and therapeutic algorithm. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Jan;162(3):149-57.